EXAMPLES OF PHOTO COMPOSITION
Photo quality is extremely important. Photos are a visual representation of your work and a very large part of what customers will base their decisions on when deciding upon whom to give work. We live in a world that is more visually inclined than ever before. Remember, you are projecting the quality of the coating and not necessarily the item itself when submitting it to our gallery.
The photo’s below show proper composition and results using 2 foam posterboards and LED lighting.
- Find an area with proper lighting. This will give the consumer a better idea/vision of the quality of work you offer.
- Watch your backgrounds. A plain white background is the most ideal, but difficult to achieve without the proper lights set-up. If you don’t have access to this, just make sure the background you decide to use doesn’t take away the focus from your subject.
- Shoot multiple angles. The main shot you want is a close-up of the Cerakote job, zoom in on all the details. Don’t sacrifice the focus of the Cerakote work, just because you want a photo of the whole project.
- DON’T OVERDO IT. Avoid any unnecessary props that take away from the coating job
- Avoid grass backgrounds or trees, especially if your project is a Camo Pattern
- Avoid workbenches with tools and trash in the background, Also avoid showing body parts.
- Focus-out or blur the background. This shifts all the focus to your subject and also adds a sense of a “Professional” shot. Use iPhone “Portrait” mode to get those buttery-smooth blurred backgrounds.
- There are thousands of basic editing apps you can use to take your photos to the next level.
- For optimal image quality upload images at 1500px X 1500px (Square Ratio) at 72dpi. Larger images may be compressed and/or degrade quality.
- Shop floors are highly used as backdrops for photos, everyone has one! This gives your gallery a consistent photo pattern, that makes your gallery an even look and flow.
- Remember, you don’t need a “professional” camera to get the “perfect” shot. Nowadays most phones have the capability to take high-quality photos.